Number Lime

Neil Henderson wrote:
"Number Lime" wrote in message
ups.com...
A friend of mine had the (perhaps brilliant?) idea of blasting the

song
on a stereo and recording the song in an empty room.

Could work... what type of "live" do you want it to be? Concert hall?

Smoky
bar? Arena? You should be able to do this with a good convolution

reverb & a
bit of dynamics processing for better or worse, I would think.

Neil Henderson

Small concert hall/large bar, more than half-filled with attentive,
enthusiastic people.

Any starting "recipes" for processing would be much appreciated--just
as a starting point to get going.

A question about re-recording the studio tracks over a PA in a large
room:

Should I mix down the stereo studio recording to mono and then record
the room via a stereo mic set up? It seems like PA's in bars are mono.
Am I wrong? Or am I over-thinking this process?

Thanks to the responses so far. Especially the inspired slapping fish
idea. Brilliant!