Forty Winks

"Number Lime" wrote in news:1103554808.458971.38470
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Hello! A professor of mine suggested this group for asking a sound
mixing problem. Thanks in advance for any help or hints offered!

I'm a student filmmaker and I'm editing (sound and picture) a student
short film. The film at one point has a scene in which a rock band
performs a song. We at first thought that we could use a song from the
band's demo, add some reverb, add some audience noise and we'd achieve
success. But no matter what effects I've tried, it always sounds like a
studio mix.

If most modern gigs are anything to go by, you won't have anywhere near
enough Kick drum on the demo recording to make it sound authentic.

Take a wet fish and slap it against a hard surface in time with the music,
this should have the desired effect.