Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and miccables

On 30/05/2018 9:48 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Yes, they mostly work just fine. But, they are much less popular in the modern
age of powered speakers.

Also... don't use the speaker returns to run AC power to the board. I saw
someone do that once too. Interference resulted, and also the cable is not
rated for that.
--scott

However in this day of powered speakers we now have combination speaker
and mains cable. Official, compliant ones. Just one balanced signal pair
with mains included.

The ones that I tried (10m, ~33ft) had no obtrusive induced hum. However
the signal wires would fracture (2 sets = same result) presumably due to
them being stressed when curved along beside the heavier, thicker mains
wires/lead. So I gave up.

However an acquaintance who uses similar cables of another brand has not
had this problem.

geoff