Mike Rivers

In article writes:

... They have a couple odd things here and there (like filaments being
used as cathode resistors)

???! THAT'S interesting...

This wasn't all that uncommon. It saved a part and got DC on the
filaments of tubes in applications where AC on the filaments might
introduce hum. But it means that when the filament opens up, you have
two problems - the tube failure and the failure of the circuit
depending on it for proper bias. And vice versa.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )