Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Audio Editor vs. DAW: Whats the Difference?

On 18/08/2017 12:07 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
geoff wrote:

And now we are coming to an era when some of the video editing applications
now have sufficiently good sound editing functions that there are people
using them for just sound work. And it's not just Fairlight, although there
are still plenty of Fairlight devotees.

Vegas always has. No MIDI though, so I guess stretching to describe as a
DAW.

If you want a fully-fledged DAW for less that their $100, check out
Reaper with licence for personal use.

Except that the DAW is more than just software.
--scott

Yeah, but the hardware side is (shoot me) easier than the software.
You just pick whatever you want, need or can afford.

geoff