Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Big Bad Bob Big Bad Bob is offline

Default 'getting the most out of vacuum tubes' by Tomer

On 2019-05-10 07:22, wrote:
not sure why they wanted a 300 watt bass amp for studio recording

usually it's "headroom" - or "Max Headroom" C-C-C-Catch the wave!

Seriously though you want too much power as long as there's no
background noise added in the process. Then your output will have lower
distortion as a general rule, lack clipping, etc. [unless you WANT that,
in which case mike the amp cranked up or whatever]

--
(aka 'Bombastic Bob' in case you wondered)

'Feeling with my fingers, and thinking with my brain' - me

'your story is so touching, but it sounds just like a lie'
"Straighten up and fly right"