MiNe 109

Default KUSC 91.5 FM Los Angeles

In article ,
(Neil) wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Mephistopheles Jones" wrote in message
news

(snip)

Either your CD player is broken or the rest of your system is not optimized
CDs.

As many readers will already know, radio sound is often compressed,
processed, etc. and FM broadcasting has technical limits that prevent
it from being as accurate as, for example, a home CD player.

However, some people may prefer the sound of FM. I haven't tried the
following, but I might prefer listening to a CD played over FM radio
over listening at home to the typical problems of vinyl.

(snip)

I called KUSC and asked, but nobody returned my call.

They may not know. They may only see a keyboard, a mouse, and a CRT...

Good point. Anyway, call again. If you can't find a helpful student,
find out which university employee runs the place, then ask him/her.
While you're at it, see if you can also get a tour of the place.

KUSC isn't a 5 watt community college station; it's the "largest
noncommercial classical station in the country" according to the
website, with original programming, its own network and facilities
occupying three floors of a high-rise office building definitely off
campus at 5th and Figueroa in downtown Los Angeles.

This will help more than cold calls to the studio:

http://www.rwonline.com/reference-ro...f_kusc_2.shtml

Stephen