Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default New vs Vintage

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:12:11 -0700, Scott wrote
(in article ):

On Mar 28, 3:50=A0am, Audio Empire wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:24:31 -0700, Scott wrote
(in article ):

On Mar 27, 12:08=3DA0pm, Ed Seedhouse wrote:

So are you a journalist then? =3DA0But this forum is not a newspaper o=

magazine, but a *discussion* forum. =3DA0If you don't want to be
criticized for exaggeration just stop exaggerating. =3DA0

I would like to add to that, don't use colorful language when
describing your experiences and at all costs, avoid having fun. The
last thing we want is for audiophiles to have fun with audio. If you
show any signs of having fun I will personally ridicule you into
joylessness. After all, it is a discussion forum.....

The OP asks the question "But what about electronics?" I think there
has been a tendency towards fashionable trends that come and go more
than a tendency for real breakthrough since the mid eighties.

I stand duly chastised. I wrote an anecdote and posted it, hoping that
readers would find it fun and entertaining. I humbly apologize. I will, i=

the future, endeavor to be as dull as mud and as boring as a temperance
lecturer in a beer hall - NOT!

Sorry fellas, if you don't like what or how I write, I've a friendly
suggestion for you. Don't read my stuff. Problem solved.

I was making a joke though. Guess the parody was to close to reality.

I know you were, and I was just expanding upon that joke with a mock apology.