Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Ed Seedhouse[_2_] Ed Seedhouse[_2_] is offline

Default New vs Vintage

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 12:21:33PM -0700, Ed Seedhouse wrote:
On Mar 25, 9:24 pm, Audio Empire wrote:

We all assume that today's new equipment is so much better
than yesterday's.

And how do you know this? Have you talked to "all" audiophiles and
electronic engineers in the world? What does "We all" even mean in
this context? Everyone in the world? Just the audiophiles? Some
particular subgroup of human beings.

Have you done a random sample survey? I know you didn't ask me and I
don't assume that at all. Someone else has posted that he, too,
doesn't assume that. And I know personally several other's who don't
assume that either.

On the other hand I know nothing at all about what "all" audiophiles
know or assume and make no claims about it.

Maybe you and your friends assume this, but you and your friends are
not "we all".

I am not in any way accusing you of lying, or even suggesting that you
are. But maybe you would take a little more care when stating things
that you cannot possibly know for certain in a context whose grammar
suggests that you do. Exaggeration does not improve one's
credibility.