Harry Lavo

"Norman M. Schwartz" wrote in message
"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message

You're assuming that these 'insiders' could actually hear *any* kind
of difference, as opposed to assuming that 'more is better' in
typical ragazine reviewer style. How do you know that they had 'good
and trained ears'? Are these the same people who told you that you
needed $1,000 a foot speaker cables?
--

Who said I assumed or done any of dat? I stayed with my Magnavox CDB 650

and
Odd-Job interconnect.
I still use a Magnavox CDB-650 and Technics SL-P370 players and never
bought a multi-box player system.
I do listen to them using Maggie Tympani IVa driven by Bryston 7B ST
monoblocks.

Actually, the Technics SL-P370 was a sweet honey of a moderately priced CD
player. I bought one for my girlfirend and later she gave it to my son when
I replaced it with a changer for her. He (a musician) still uses it as his
workhorse CD player.

When I auditioned it briefly in my main system, it sounded smooth and fine
and musical compared to most CD player in it's price range, but lacked
ultimate resolution in its electronics compared, say, to my Marantz SE/DTI
Pro/Proceed system. And it lacked that latter's dynamics. But as a
relatively inexpensive single box player it was hard to beat.