Posted to rec.audio.tech
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default 7.2 A/V _Preamp_

Once upon a time on usenet Tim Schwartz wrote:
Good morning all,

I'm a bit surprised by your comments. I had replied directly to the
original poster. There are several AV preamp -processors on the
market, such as the NAD T187 and M17, Arcam AV860, Rotel RSP-1582,
McIntosh MX160, MX122, MX121.

These are certainly NOT cost saving alternatives, as they are often
just as expensive as the same company's 'top end' AV receivers, but
they are available.

Regards,
Tim

Hi Tim. Your previous reply didn't show up in my newsreader.
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

On 8/4/2017 9:54 PM, Randy Yates wrote:
Wow, active group these days....

Randy Yates writes:

I may be a bit of a rare bird, but I'm looking for a 7.2 preamp,
namely, something that will take HDMI in, separate it into 7.2, and
provide line-level (preferably balanced) audio outputs which I will
feed to a power amp as well as the ability to select from multiple
HDMI inputs and send video to an HDMI (hopefully HDCP2.2
compatible) output. I do not need a power amp and I'd rather not pay for
one if I'm just
going to bypass it (presuming a receiver has pre-outs) to go to my
power-amp(s).

I would also appreciate a variety of 7.2 mixdown modes, e.g., to
2-channel stereo, 4-channel, etc., and the ability to route the bass
channels in a variety of ways.

I saw the NAD C501 which looks somewhat like what I'm after, but it
only has stereo two-channel audio outputs.

Any pointers or thoughts would be appreciated.