Posted to rec.audio.high-end
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default Powering Cambridge 210w 8ohm Sub woofers

Once upon a time on usenet Peter Wieck wrote:
Are you sure you are not a troll?

I don't see the posts you're replying to Peter so that means the person
you're replying to most likely *is* a troll and is in my killfile. I can't
tell as you don't quote.

It probably heard that this group is no longer moderated....
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

A 3-way crossover divides the input into three separate output curves
covering three different frequency ranges. These curves are not
"square", but typical rounded curves with almost flat tops. So, the
woofer covers everything from 0 HZ to, perhaps, 1,000HZ - BUT! the
curve drops off pretty seriously from about 480 HZ. The midrange
covers everything from about 150 HZ to, say.... 10,000 HZ with
similar drops at either end. The Tweet starts in at about 1,000 HZ to
?.

Not intended to be actual frequencies, offered for illustrative
purposes only.

http://images.audiojudgement.com/201...over-types.jpg

THESE DO NOT GO INTO A SINGLE VOICE COIL. Full Stop.

Do not over-complicate what you have. Which is an inexpensive means
to mix bass signal from multiple sources without the need for
additional electronics.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA