Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] skybuck2000@hotmail.com is offline

Default Powering Cambridge 210w 8ohm Sub woofers

On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 5:39:56 PM UTC+2, Peter Wieck wrote:
On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 9:18:39 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Maybe something like this might work:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_021AMP....html?tp=48757

Crutchfield seems to have all kinds of amplifiers...

Expensive though...

What are you trying to accomplish?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I need something to power the subwoofer it says to in topic.

So the subwoofer apperently has 6 wires. 3 wires for + 3 wires for -.

So these wires probably have to be plugged into an "amplifier". Problem with that is probably that most amplifiers are "stereo" based and only have 4 connection points.

The amplifier should then be plugged into "pre sub out" or something like that from receiver... receiver is connected to PC/soundblaster/audio connections.

What I would like to try is:

1. Provide power to the subwoofer.
2. Get a signal from receiver to subwoofer to see if it can work.
Which is basically the same thing as 1 more or less.

Perhaps going this route might not give exact sound as it was... or maybe it will, not sure about that... but it's worth a try.

Or I could try taking this device to some shop and see if they can get it powered up.... but that is a bit risky... unless they know what they are doing concerning the 8 ohm rating of this thing... and the 70 watts power requirement hmmm...

Not sure if stores will try and power it up !