Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default DAW utilizing multi core?

"Steve King" wrote in message
You do realise that some of the highest earning "musicians", (or
recording artists anyway), on the planet already are gangster rappers who
can't sing or play a note right?

Perhaps, Trevor, by your definitions. What they can do is connect to an
audience, touch the emotions of that audience, hold an audience, control
an audience, something that is rarer than rare.

Well they obviously have something which touches there audience, but still
can't see how that sells millions of records and not just concert tickets.
But I have no problem with peoples different tastes in "music" though.

Thousands of singers and players that are never off pitch, never miss a
note, can't get to first base in the industry, because, for whatever
reason, when they play and sing not enough people are emotionally
gobsmacked.

Or unfortunately their audience just doesn't buy records in the same
numbers. I work with many artists like that, some with gold records from a
few decades ago, still wonderful musicians, still wow their audiences, but
except for the odd festival, struggle to get a decent audience at gigs, and
struggle to sell CD's. That's the nature of the music industry
unfortunately.
I bet money that Puff Daddy and Jay-Z struggle to get an audience 20 years
from now, but I'd certainly be happy to retire on their money :-)

Trevor.