Jim Williams

Default Aphex Comps - Which are the good ones?

(Chris Del Faro) wrote in message . com...
Anybody here ever met a "toobessence" model they liked? g

My understanding (feel free to correct it), is that the tubessence is
more like a mild enhancer than anything remotely resembling a "real"
tube stage.

Wonder how much was marketing hype vs. tangible benefits...

Chris

P.S. Jim, in your mod's, do you tend to prefer the sound of "cleaner"
gear,
like a non-tubesscent Aphex or Symetrix for general usage?

I almost always prefer uncolored, only 'cause the folk's I like to
work with don't need any aural excitement from the gear, they provide
enough on their own. I don't have any "black boxes" that can make them
better than they really are... besides, you can always **** it up
later during the mix.
The Tube-essence expressor has a tube bypass jumper on the pcb that
begs to be wired to a front panel switch. Best (or worst) of both
worlds.
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
http://www.audioupgrades.com