Scott Dorsey

Default Aphex Comps - Which are the good ones?

In article IM88b.51380$Qy4.2488@fed1read05, Jim Weld wrote:
I've used the Compellor to send live and pre-recorded feeds to ceiling
distribution systems, and for that it's great. Handles a tremendous dynamic
range, and it's (almost) idiot proof . I believe its use in the studio is
extremely limited.

I like it a lot in the studio on the stereo buss... brings up average levels
without mucking anything else up and it's pretty transparent in the process.
Also handy just for automated gain riding, when you don't have enough hands.
But it's definitely not something you can use as an effect.