Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Alejandro Lieber[_3_] Alejandro Lieber[_3_] is offline

Default 1,500 vacuum tubes for the first electronic computer.

Roger Jones wrote:
On Mar 25, 8:58 am, Alejandro wrote:
A short film made by Google to celebrate Colossus and those who built
it, in particular Tommy Flowers. Colossus was the world's first
electronic computer, used for code-breaking at Bletchley Park during WW2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=knXWMjIA59c

-
Alejandro Lieber LU1FCR
Rosario Argentina

Real-Time F2-Layer Critical Frequency Map:http://1fcr.com.ar

Outstanding!!! I have to visit before my filament burns out!
BTW, what were the tubes used in Colossus...? I thought I recognized
an EF37A, a red one with a top cap. There were some others looking
suspiciously like some 6F6's I have.
Cheers,
Roger

These were the valves used in the Colossus:

http://lieber.com.ar/ColossusValves.jpg

and this is the GTIC tyratron (gas filled relay) data:

http://lieber.com.ar/MarconiGTIC.png