Posted to rec.audio.car
suprstar suprstar is offline

Default Just got Sirius....

On Jun 29, 12:15*am, "--- SiTrE JoSEphEnnE MaGAnA ---"
wrote:
On Jun 14, 11:45*am, "MOSFET" wrote:

What? Is it still 2003? ....... I can go to thrift stores
and buy a boat load of tapes ......

What? Is it still 1981? Tapes?? And you think sat radio sounds bad?

And Nick, I know you care about SQ, and I promise you - if you run a
turntable into your line-in on your PC, you will NOT be happy with the
sound.. A PC sound card has the best AD converters you can buy for
28¢ Yes, even the 'good' sound cards.. They're all geared towards
playback and have little to no regard to sq on the input side. You
can get a decent 2-channel usb audio interface, designed for
recording, for well under a hundred bucks. Something like:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...ace?sku=245507

is in the sweet spot in the price/performance curve. They're simple,
plug it into the usb and it shows up as a soundcard to your OS. I'd
disable my soundcard in bios, (or pull it out if it's not integrated)
and use something like this exclusively. Like I said, it's a sound
card as far as your PC is concerned, so games / winamp / everything
will play back thru it too. It's gonna be a long process to record
lp's and make mp3's out of em, I think you'll be ****ed to spend all
that time and end up with trashy sounding tracks.