Eddie Kern

Default wiring options for 2 subs (2 omhs vs 4 ohms)

I am going to get 2 10" subs for my car. I can get an amp for about
$300 that provides 600RMS x 1ch at 4 ohms. Or I can get one that
provides 600RMS x 1 ch at 2 ohms for $100 less. Money for me is a big
concern, but quality is what I am after, I want the best bass I can
get from say 50-225hz. I can get 2 dual voice coil (2 4ohms coils)
subs or 2 single voice coil (single 4 ohms) subs. this give me 3
option I would look to utalizing. 1) wire the dvc subs to be 2 ohms a
peice then wire them in series to make the total load 4 ohms. 2) wire
the dvc subs to be 8 ohms a peice, and wire them in parallel to make a
total load of 4 ohms. Or 3) wire the single voice coil subs (4 ohms)
in parallel to make a 2 ohms total load. My questions are. 1)is there
a difference between the 2 ways I would wire the dvc subs? 2) if I
went with the single vc subs, would there be enough of a difference
between the sound with 600RMS with the cheaper amp VS getting the
total load to be 4 ohms and having to pay more for the more powerful
amp? (But if there is a difference, please let me know) And I am
looking for sq, I don't want to be an spl monster(but I want a lot of
high quality bass and midbass, I am not to worried about the
frequencies between about 18-35hz). And I will be using the smallest
sealed encloser I can get away with (probably around .60 cubic feet
per sub)