JB Seattle

Default Loss of Soundfont bank on file close

It's not a bug, it is to free up RAM.
JB
"HiC" wrote in message
om...
"John LeBlanc" wrote in message

Out of curiosity, since Cakewalk support told you this was by design,

why'd you
ask?

Because of being jaded by previous encounters with "tech support" with
other major manufacturers, such as Creative Labs, where answers either
had little or nothing to do with the question asked or proved to be
utter b.s. Or the time the "tech" at Earthlink crashed my computer (I
followed his instructions to the letter) and he was unable to undo the
damage. He didn't know about restoring a previous registry, I found
this out from another source since I fortunately had an old beater
backup computer I could get online with.

Also, this wasn't an issue with a different program, Digital
Orchestrator Pro. Also, I find that Cakewalk doesn't recognize banks
that aren't loaded through Cakewalk. If you load them through the
Creative Soundfont manager, you can't access anything but the primary
bank. Again, not an issue with Digital Orchestrator, so I didn't know
if this was just the way it was with Cakewalk or if it was a bug.