Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] davidftemple@gmail.com is offline

Default Vibration absorbers under components

This set-up works well for me: I have an older VPI turntable (HW-19 Mark 4)=
supported on Tip-Toes, which in turn sit on top of a sandbox, which in tu=
rn sits on top of four tennis balls held in place by covers from baby food =
jars. (The babies that ate the food are now in their 40s.) The combination =
sits on a one-inch particle board shelf in an audio closet that's about 2x3=
feet. A subwoofer is only two feet away from the closet; the floor is not =
springy. The sandbox provides much better isolation than the 30-pound piece=
of slate I had on the tennis balls for many years, and I didn't have a sub=
then.=20

There's a lengthy discussion of this issue on Audiogon.