TonyP

"Porky" wrote in message

"TonyP" wrote in message
It seems you've missed my point. The brain "compensates" for the

auditory
system itself, because you have NO other point of reference.

Sure you do, ever hear of bone conduction? That bypasses the eardrum
totally.

Not at all. It is concurrent with the eardrum. Audioligists must use large
masking signals just to get some figure for bone conduction, but it is less
than via the eardrum. I know of no way to seperate the two for comparison
purposes, do you? (The worlds audiologists await your reply :-)

There is also considerable evidence that we can "hear" the audio in
audio modulated RF at certain frequencies, which would seem to bypass the
physical hearing mechanism entirely.

Some level of diode detection has been demonstated in some cases, usually
connected with metal fillings. This couples audio signals via bone
conduction.

However, my point was that if one can
tell the difference between a "live" sound and the same sound reproduced

on
a very high quality sound system, then either there is no audible

distortion
present, or our ears have a mechanism that compensated for whatever
distortion is present, including any Doppler distortion.

???

TonyP.