Colin Bigam

Default DIY Interconnect questions

(N. Thornton) wrote in message . com...

4) you havent figured that the idea with money is to get something of
some function and value when you hand it over. Fools and their money
are soon parted.

I'm afraid you've lost me here.

I NEED new interconnects. I cannot hook up my system without them.
I have decided that I want to make them, because I do.
So given those points, I'm asking which way to best build these cables,
from an engineering perspective. shielded single conductor, shielded
twisted pair, or unshielded twisted pair? And also, which connectors are
good?

Now am I falling victim to the horrible evil cable hucksters by needing
new cables and wanting them to be solidly overengineered (at effectively
the same price)? Am I a brainless moron for wanting to better understand
the electronics behind it all?

Pure audio performance isn't always the only measure of value in audio
equipment anyways. Construction quality, (visual) aesthetics, reliability,
and personal satisfaction all play a part. I don't see why you're so quick
to jump on my for that.

As an aside, I'm pondering Belden 1800B cable here for these things. Anyone
have some opinions on me throwing away my money like this? :-)

Colin