Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Low Frequency Mains Noise

"John Byrns" wrote in message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
.fi

Neumann mics were and still are ubiquitous in broadcast
and professional studio applications.

Errr, not in the US.

Oh come on Arnie, I spent the first half of the 1960s
working in broadcasting, in the US, and we used Neumann
capacitor and RCA ribbon mics exclusively in the studios.

Interesting how John how you worked in enough different stations during 5
years to be able to characterize what was ubiquitous in *all* radio and TV
stations in the U.S..

A few RCA moving coil types were used for voice type remotes,

Voice remotes were pretty common. Of course RCAs are not Neumann, but thanks
for sharing.

while Neumann capacitor mics were used on musical remotes.

That tips your hand John, because only a tiny minority of broadcast stations
have ever even done musical remotes. Most of them were done by stations in
cities with a symphony orchestra of note. I'm guessing you worked in Boston
or New York.