Mark D. Zacharias

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:19:10 +0200, Zeljko wrote:

Can I use 2SD188 without "A" and 2SB545 with "A" on the left channel and
2SD188A and 2SB545A on the right channel?

Suffixed versions are usually high gain versions. I would suggest that you
measure the -A transistors, then try to find standard versions with
similar
characteristics.

It's likely that the replacements you found aren't NEC product, but made by
God-Knows-Who. And trust me on this - you want to be able to trust the parts
you use. Inferior replacements may not just cause a re-do, they may cause
much more damage than the amp originally had.

Quality TO-3 package transistors are a bit hard to find these days - I
recommend using replacements from Onsemi, the former Motorola semiconductor
company.
Hard to beat MJ15024 and MJ15025's. Over-rated for your application, but
that's not a problem.

Mark Z.