rothman

Default Amplifier question - very basic - update

Scott,

The Manual says "don't add less than a 4 Ohm load in bridged mono as this
can damage your amplifier"

How do two speakers with 8Ohm impedance each combine to produce 2 Ohms? I
thought it would combine to make 4 Ohm load.

Thanks for your help

Doug

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
rothman wrote:

I put the amp in "bridged mono", fed it one signal into input A, twist
braded the speaker wires of two separate 12" 8 Ohm speakers together and

put
them on the two positive terminals on the amp. (so I was driving two
speakers on the red terminals in bridged mono)

Now you are producing a lot more power, BUT each side of the amp is now
seeing a two-ohm load. This is bad for the amp although some amps can

deal
with it.

I'm so new at this...let me know if i'm not supposed to be driving two
speakers on the red terminals in bridged mono.

What is the minimum rated impedance in bridged mono for the amp? The
manual will say so if the nameplate does not.