Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire Audio_Empire is offline

Default Major Improvement!

In article ,
STC wrote:

On Saturday, June 8, 2013 4:26:15 AM UTC+8, Audio_Empire wrote:
In article ,

STC wrote:

The difference might have been caused by channel imbalance.

What difference? You really need to quote the text of the post to which

you are responding. Otherwise most people will have no idea what you are

even talking about. I sure haven't a clue about what you mean.

Sorry about that. I was using Ipad and I thought it would auto include the
quote the post.

But if you
"Tweek" one channel and not the other, you will hear a difference in an
ad-hoc blind test (have your significant other switch between them).

There are just too many variables using your method for blind test. PreAmps
and Amps with identical channels are rare if not impossible. Even speakers
may not be identical. A small difference in the loudness between the two
channels is enough to affect our judgment.

I am not saying you heard no difference but suggesting you may want to
eliminate possible oversights in your test methodology. I am speaking from my
own experience.

Good points, all. This was the Tweek "Challenge" at the time. Sure, as
evidence it's worthless. And it's easy to get caught up in this crap. As
an audiophile, we all (I think) want to get as close to the "Absolute
Sound" as is possible. So when something comes along that promises to
improve connectivity between components - especially when it's used by
the aerospace and defense industries as well as the automotive industry
for the same purpose, many of us are going to try it. I'm an electronics
engineer (by trade) and even I never stopped to think that how can you
improve an electrical connection that already reads 0 ohms of
resistance?

What many of us have to do is "get over" this notion that as a signal,
there is something "special" about audio. We tend to set it apart from
other "mundane" electrical signals such as TV, radar, computers, etc.
because we love music, and don't think much about those other AC
signals. We often forget (even us engineers) that music as an electrical
signal is just another AC signal - and a low frequency one at that. It
follows the same laws of physics as do these other signals that we don't
care so much about. When I read another posters explanation about why
Stabilant really does nothing in a stereo system, I slapped my head in a
V8 Juice moment and said to myself "of course! If the connection is
already approaching zero ohms of resistance, then from DC to 20 KHz or
so, the extra contact area afforded by applying Stabilant 22 to all the
connections is going to have absolutely no affect on the audio signal
carried by those connections."

IOW, We need to change our way of thinking from it's AUDIO! to It's ONLY
audio.

only Audio_Empire

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---