Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire Audio_Empire is offline

Default Major Improvement!

In article ,
ScottW wrote:

On Jun 2, 3:12*pm, Audio_Empire wrote:
In article ,

*ScottW wrote:
On Jun 1, 5:36 am, Audio_Empire wrote:
In article ,
ScottW wrote:
On May 29, 3:52=A0pm, Audio_Empire wrote:
In article ,
ScottW wrote:

*[ Excessive quotation snipped ]

Ultra high reliability required for long term storage and short
duration mega high vibration environments. * Zero in common with home
audio use.

Well, when you put it that way, You are right. Undeniably and
unequivocally. I never thought of it that way. Yes, a, clean, tight
connection is both close to zero resistance and immune from contaminates
you are right again when you say that any RCA connection has more
contact surface area than any switch in the signal path. *But if you
"Tweek" one channel and not the other, you will hear a difference in an
ad-hoc blind test (have your significant other switch between them).

Does that make it good? I'd suggest the change in impedance between
a good connection and good treated connection is less than the
variability within crossover component tolerance. If treating makes
an audible difference to a good connection, I'd suggest it is likely
for the worse rather than the better.

The test I performed, years ago, the channel I treated sounded
noticeably cleaner to me. Of course, I haven't repeated said test in
decades (heck, they don't even sell Tweek any more).