Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default Hi Rez digital vs. LP

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 06:53:11 -0700, Scott wrote
(in article ):
On Apr 27, 9:36am, ScottW wrote:

Does the reissue sound just like the original vinyl?

No. IMO the reissue sounds better.

Much better. the vinyl reissue sounds closer to a real performance than any
commercial recording that I've ever heard and the Philips CD that Fine
supervised a few years earlier sounds just OK as does the early Philips cut
LP of that performance,

If you are correct then it would seem that the 45 RPM and single
sided cut aspect of the reissue is just marketing ploy. They didn't
take advantage of the increased bandwidth it affords.

That doesn't make sense? How is it just a ploy? The results were
better sound. IMO that means it worked.

and in spades! All of the 45 RPM/single-side Classic LPs I have sound
spectacular, but the "Firebird" is really something special!