Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Formatting a Memory Card for PCM-M10

On 10/21/2010 8:17 PM, Arny Krueger wrote:
"mcp6453" wrote in message

Even though I have carefully read the manual, I cannot
figure out how I am supposed to format a 16GB SDHC memory
card for my Sony PCM-M10 digital recorder. The manual on
page 37 says, "Before recording, be sure to...format the
memory card on the PCM recorder so it contains no data."
Obviously I'm overlooking something. Please help me see
the obvious!

Please see page 73 of the PCM-M10 manual under "Detail Menu".

It describes the position of the Format command in the menu structure.

Ok, that helped. I had to select the memory card in the Memory selection before
I selected Format in the Detail Menu. The first time I clicked on Format, it
wanted to format the internal menu. Of course it makes sense in retrospect.

Thanks!