Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default cassette conversion

On 2/06/2018 2:40 PM, Trevor wrote:
On 2/06/2018 11:34 AM, wrote:

I have a box of old cassettes in the attic (like a
million other blokes).Â* Rather than consigning them
to the dust bin, I'd convert them to MP3 files.Â* Anybody
have suggestions for a converter?

if the material is available from iTnes or elsewhere in digital
format, unless you spend a lot of money andÂ* effort on the copy, the
quality will be better if you just get a digital version.

Of course if the material is not available, then.....

Yep, I wouldn't even consider wasting time and money unless it is
something you can't live without and can't get elsewhere. Even grabbing
stuff off youtube that someone else has done is probably going to be
just as good.
But if you have rare soundesk recordings of good artists not available
elsewhere, it might be worth some effort.

Trevor.

If on CD go down to a used record store and buy for next-to-nothing.Then
if a digital file is what you want to end up with simply rip it, and
you'll have the full-quality real CD for backup. An dthe cassette if
thing really get desperate !

Then use you time and effort on the xfers for what isn't on CD .

geoff