Posted to rec.audio.pro
jason jason is offline

Default Marantz PMD670 CF Memory Card

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 21:35:06 -0500 "Jason" wrote
in article

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:03:23 -0500 "mcp6453" wrote in
article

I just picked up a Marantz PMD670 recorder that uses a CF memory card. The
recorder is in pristine condition. It has hardly been used. It came with a
Renesas 64MB card, which will record 6 minutes in wav. Today I received a
Kingston 16GB ultimate 266X card. The recorder formatted it as an 8GB card, but
it will not record to it. The record light just flashes.

The manual says that cards larger than 8GB have to be formatted in a computer,
so I formatted the card for the full 16GB in a computer. The card is fully
readable on that computer. When I put it back into the recorder, it's still a no-go.

What brands of CF cards are compatible with the PMD670? The posts I've seen on
the Internet suggest Lexar, SanDisk, and Kingston, but I'm unable to find any
posts suggested current brands that will work. It would be helpful to have at
least 8GB.

I had one of those recorders. Try to track down firmware updates - that
made the difference with large cards for me.

Jason

Forgot: During the time I used it, I had cards from many vendors - they
all worked. Marantz customer support was helpful with the firmware
update.