Nousaine

Default Facing subs towards driver or away

"Luke Hague" wrote:

I guess you didn't read Nousaine's post, which was what I was replying too,
which is in this thread.

While I'm at it let me dispell another Urban Legend. Do you get more bass with
the hatch open? Only outside the car.

Inside you get significantly less. Why? You lose the cabin gain transfer
function effect whre the driver displacement pressurizes the interior at low
frequencies delivering 12 dB/octave reinforcement as frequency falls below the
lowest mode which occurs at 60 Hz in a small car.

How about the trunk? Sometimes not an issue because the trunk itself is a large
enough 'enclosure' to work with any woofer if it's an IB. If it's an IB, sealed
or ported enclosure and the wall separating the cabin and the trunk isn't
perfectly sealed you'll often lose transfer function gain as well.