Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Default Ping Paul Stamler Link Doesn't Work

четвртак, 11. децембар 2014. 23.52.47 UTC+1, је написао/ла:
Pstamler wrote:

Yes, but it's Yiddish, not Russian. If there's another language Yiddish resembles, it's German.

In the article I explain why I decided to use something sung in a foreign language. (It also helped that the song is Public Domain, which avoids all kinds of work for the magazine's lawyers.)

Peace,
Paul "

Then I heard the right thing - short clip, but STUNNINGLY real! I kept replaying it over my home stereo.

Luxey:

Russian - that was my first impression. The musical arrangement and the language being sung.

That's coming from one who has confused German accent with Australian, and Italian with Portuguese. LOL

Even if I was totaly unmusical and tone deaf, and never've heard of kelzmer, as clearly written in description on that site
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klezmer),
when I hear someone clearly sing "ein, zwei, drei, ...", it's hardly russian
that would come to mind, but, whatever ...