Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

Default Ping Paul Stamler Link Doesn't Work

On Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:52:47 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Pstamler wrote:

Yes, but it's Yiddish, not Russian. If there's another language Yiddish resembles, it's German.

In the article I explain why I decided to use something sung in a foreign language. (It also helped that the song is Public Domain, which avoids all kinds of work for the magazine's lawyers.)

Peace,
Paul "

Then I heard the right thing - short clip, but STUNNINGLY real! I kept replaying it over my home stereo.

Glad you felt that way. That's what I was after. Now write 24 articles explaining how I got there.

Russian - that was my first impression. The musical arrangement and the language being sung.

Well, the composer was from Poland, so,musically, you're in the right ballpark!

That's coming from one who has confused German accent with Australian, and Italian with Portuguese. LOL

That's okay; in high school I took home ec from a Mrs. Szymkowicz, who had bright red hair, and I grew up thinking that's what a Polish accent was. It wasn't until much later that I realized her accent was Scottish -- Szymkowicz was her married name...

Peace,
Paul