Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Stereo receievers: THD of .04 vs. .08

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message
"Eeyore" wrote

Miniscule ? Care to give a number ? Can you even give
an example. I've never seen such a number quoted on a
spec.

No need to take a manufacturers word for it, sound cards
with 0.001% THD & IMD are readily available for you to
do your own FFT testing.

Agreed. M-Audio's $190 AP 24192 has better than 100 dB
dynamic range and ca. 100 KHz bandwidth. Emu has cards
that test out easily as good, and are priced just above
$120.

I was talking about POWER AMPLIFIERS, not sound cards !

I guess you haven't noticed that Mr. T and I are now talking about what it
takes to make effective tests on high performance power amps.

I recognise that is now the topic of this sub-thread but my comments you
quoted were not in reference to them.

Graham