Ted Van Norman

Default Some thoughts on enjoying LP's

On 1 Jul 2003 15:00:18 GMT, "William Balmer"
wrote:

Boy, I wish I had discovered this NG a few weeks ago. I could have told you
all about my church's "music rummage sale". We had between 4 and 5 thousand
LP's for sale. You guys would've had a field day.

Of course, then one of you would have snatched up the Thorens TD124 before I
got my grubby little hands on it!

Bill Balmer

Interesting. A friend at work suggested I go to church rummage sales
in our area, saying that they often have plenty of LPs. Have not
had the oppurtunity to pursue this yet but it's on my short list.

"Friends of the Library" organizations have yearly sales with books
and LPs for their fundraisers in our area. 3 or 4 library
organizations in our area do this on a regular basis.

4 to 5 thousand LPs are a heck of a lot of LPs. How many sold and at
what prices?

Dropped by Goodwill on the way home from work today and picked up a
Peter Tosh demonstration disc put out by Columbia. "Equal Rights" is
the name of the LP. Killer dynamics and rhythmicaly righteous LP
with big soundstage... Sweet sweet find of the day. Maybe the find
of the week.

Ted