Scott Gardner

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:03:15 -0500, (bob wald)
wrote:

i've noticed alot damage happens when turning on or off your
system.......
when turning on your car its better to turn off your stereo if its high
power.i got stickers all on my dash says danger high voltage dont touch
stereo.lol

That's a good point. If the problem turns out to be a component
inside the amp instead of just a blown fuse, it could have easily
happened because of the "inrush curent" through cold circuits when you
turned the amp on. (The same reason light bulbs usually blow when you
first turn them on.)

Amps are usually protected from voltage spikes and drops while you're
starting your car, since the amp is turned on by the remote turn-on
lead on the head unit, and there's usually a relay in your car's
wiring that keeps things like the air conditioning and head unit
turned off while the engine is being started.
--
Scott Gardner

I'm all out of altitude, airspeed, and ideas..."