Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio

Default converting WAV file to MP3

On 1/6/2020 10:28 AM, Jim Lesurf wrote:
I'm not quite sure what most DAPs would make of, say, the
'broadcast' Wave files one of my old recorders makes. Not the usual sort of
'tagging' I suspect people have adopted for home audio

"Metadata" is the byword of the audio archiving community, and there are
a few emerging standards for filling out the available data fields in
the broadcast wave file format. The basic things that are important are
who the artist is, date of recording, and then they get into things that
involve who gets paid for using the audio. Any reasonable WAV player
that doesn't use the metadata should just ignore it, but modern day
programmers of applications that aren't dedicated audio players might
not know how to either accommodate or ignore tthe BWF chunk.