Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio

Default converting WAV file to MP3

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 10:15:44 +0000, John Williamson

I would have thought there was little danger of an issue. After all, the
file type has been around since the early 1990s to my knowledge and is
basically a pcm file. Other compressed formats can be used to hide things
in.
Brian

mp3 files contain metadata as well as audio, the metadata tags can be
quite large and include items which can be used to conceal malware.

All formats contain metadata. And you can't necessarily determine a
file type from its suffix. WAV is a wrapper that can contain all
manner of audio. 16-bit PCM is just one of a lengthy list.