Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Headphones to try out under $200? .... and OT - Macca

On 21/12/2017 2:59 AM, wrote:

Yep sure are, many Rock artists still think louder is better, and I
imagine Heavy metal groups that I never go to are just as bad.

my experience is that I like the BASS loud, but not the mids or highs.
Seems that everything is loud these days.

The cheap foam ear plugs attenuate the mids and highs and leave the bass, so that makes me a happy camper.

Glad you are happy, but I often find that just turns the sound to mud. :-(
I do have real earplugs though, and have used those when necessary for a
few decades. I always hear others whinging about how loud it is though,
and wonder why some musicians don't seem to care about their audience.
OTOH When I have control of the mix I often get praised by the audience
for NOT trying to deafen them. :-)

Trevor.