Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

Default Headphones to try out under $200? .... and OT - Macca

On 20 Dec 2017, Trevor wrote in rec.audio.pro:

What I find annoying about such films is the sound effects are
usually ear splitting loud, but the dialog is often hard to hear.
:-(

My theory about that is that many big-budget, SFX-laden action movies
are made for the world market, including (maybe especially) non-English
speaking countries. The movies are crafted so that the story is told
mostly visually, with a minimimum of dialog, and that dialog is fairly
simple and easy to dub for foreign markets. This leaves the sound and
visual effects of primary importance - the dialog is almost
superfluous. You can follow the story even without it. It's mostly a
roller coaster ride, anyway.