chung

Default weakest Link in the Chain

Buster Mudd wrote:
(Stewart Pinkerton) wrote in message ...

With levels matched to +/- 0.1 dB at 100Hz, 1kHz and 10kHz, experience
suggests that 'wire is wire'. If you can prove different, there's a
$4k pot waiting to be collected.

What if one of the (alleged) differences between 2 different cables is
that they are *not* matched at all three of those frequencies? I.e.,
what if when the 2 test cables are precisely level matched at 1kHz,
one of them measures +1dB at 10kHz and -0.5dB at 100Hz?

If that's the case, then those cables are different, sonically. No need
to do any DBT.

Surely you're
not suggesting that those differences be somehow compensated for to
maintain level matching at all three reference frequencies?

No, they are simply different, and one of them is intentionally designed
to be a tone-control.

BTW, part of the reason for this post (in addition to honestly wanting
to know the answer) is that twice now in the last three weeks I have
posted responses specifically asking for details about ABX cable
evaluation & the Pinkerton/Nousaine $4k challenge, and neither of
those posts have appeared! So this is a test.

[ Moderator's note: Several people have reported similar problems with
Google.com. Those of you also having this problem need to send your
posts as email to . -- deb ]