Stewart Pinkerton

Default weakest Link in the Chain

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:00:34 GMT, "Harry Lavo"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
On 9 Jan 2004 01:28:19 GMT, "Harry Lavo" wrote:

Stewart wrote:

What the heck has any of this to do with 'high-rez'?

The fact that you don't yet have such a machine to gain much experience,
thereby undercutting badly your attempts to diss the formats here on

RAHE.

Not at all, since I have listened to several players and several
formats, and I'm very familiar with the technology behind the various
formats. OTOH, I am very much behind DVD-A simply because of its
multi-channel capability.

Listening and regourously testing are two different things...and you haven't
done the latter.

I have done it as well as is reasonably feasible with what I have to
hand - certainly with as much rigour as anything you have done. Did
*you* make *blind* comparisons. If not, then you fall far behind.

If you support DVD-A for its multichannel then you also
should be supporting SACD for its multichannel.

I have already done so, several times.

At this point you have no
"hearing" basis for choosing one over the other...only a technical
preconception.

I have already stated that I and others hear no significant
differences among *well made* CD, SACD and DVD-A, so you are correct
in this statement, if not for reasons which you normally accept.

Until then, it is indeed difficult to take some of your
protestations seriously.

What you *really* mean is that you're desperately reaching, because
you have no rational rebuttal to my 'high-rez' arguments.............

No, Stewart, I'm a marketing man.

Aaaaaah, all is explained!

Only in your somewhat warped view of the world. I happen to know lots of
marketing people who are scrupulously honest. As am I.

I accept your self-description, although your observational skills and
gullibility might perhaps be called into question......... :-)

I'm just trying to add to your creditability! ;-)

Credibility enhanced by association with a marketing man - fascinating
concept...........................

No, creditability enhanced by getting rid of the inconsistencies in your
professed beliefs and the reality of what you show the world.

You have yet to show any such inconsistency, my experience just
doesn't chime with *your* belief system.

I'm afreaid your subjective biases are showing once again.

I work for a Bank, we have lots of marketing people, I have yet to
meet one single one of them that I would trust. I suspect that those
outside the well-controlled financial services industry are unlikely
to be *more* honest. No doubt you are the exception, but I do find
your debating tactics to be, shall we say, selective.