musa

peace,
as a drummer, let me join the great elvin jones and tell you that
drumset is one instrument.
some of the highest fidelity, most natural recording are done with a
single stero pair as most of you know.
of course if we're talking rock or pop drumming....
....i would put one overhead on the snare/hi-hat side and one in front
of the bass drum: it would definetly grove more than a front stereo
pair.
experiment and enjoy: some of the greatest records of all times (in
all genres) were made with heavily limited equipment.
immagination and taste on a portastudio can do better than a jerk on a
neve...
enjoy.