Scott Dorsey

Default Small vs. large diaphragm condenser mikes for recording grand piano at home

Kelly wrote:
Hi all - I am going to purchase microphones to record my grand piano
(at my home), and I am considering a matched pair of Oktava stereo
mikes from the Sound Room (www.oktava.com). Does anyone have any
suggestions or reference information to help me decide whether to buy
small or large diaphragm condenser mikes? Thanks!

Get the mikes that you like the sound of, and don't worry if they are
large or small diaphragm condensers, ribbons, or what have you. People
worry too much. Use your ears.