Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default Anyone have a Schematic for an Alesis QuadraSynth?

On 6/17/2019 1:03 PM, Neil wrote:
On 6/15/2019 2:30 AM, Paul wrote:

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* But I've never had a keyboard with an after-touch strip.Â* I must
say I don't really like it.Â* It's like you press a key, and there is yet
another 2nd level that you can push the key, when you push harder.
Very strange, and something I'm not sure I could get used to. And
listening
to how the aftertouch affects the voices, in some cases, it either adds
a vibrato, or makes the note louder, or both.Â* Doesn't seem too useful,
musically, but then again, it would depend of the kind of music you want
to create.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* I hope there is an easy way to turn the aftertouch off!

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* :/

Actually, having aftertouch is an indication of a more advanced synth
keyboard.

In classical electronic music the keyboard is simply a trigger. In the
earliest versions, the key only submitted a single on/off trigger, and
all sound options were controlled by synth module settings. As a result,
it was difficult to make complex sound events such as emphasis based on
how hard one strikes the key, how long it's held down, etc. It was also
quite limiting in live performances (remember all those wires folks were
plugging and unplugging?).

Later generations of keyboards provided touch sensitivity (velocity) and
aspects such as duration that were previously only available via the
Envelope Generator and as a result limited to the number of EVs in a synth.

Aftertouch is another trigger that allowed the programmer to add more
voicings to the sound event, and as a result the musician had a lot of
expressive capability in when playing live than ever before.

So, explore a little and perhaps learn a lot!Â* ;-)

Oh, this board has been a HUGE learning experience!

I'm getting used to the aftertouch. It's pretty good
in some patches.

But again, I'd like to turn it off when need be.