Jim Gregory

So far you have mentioned the first circuit in a popular multipair sequence
of differently coloured twisted pairs), which happens to be blue and white.
What about instinctive hot and cold feelings for the other umpteen pairs?
Jim

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

Andre Majorel wrote:

In twisted-pair cable, is there a convention for which is hot
and which is cold ? Blue hot ? White hot ?

I hate it whenever I come across cable like that. Give me red and black
any day.

European usage allocates blue to the neutral conductor for ac power - so
I'd tend to go with blue cold and white hot.

Also since blue is often associated with cold and 'white hot' sounds
good - I reckon that'll do ! ;-)

I know of no convention it has to be said.

Graham