Steven Sullivan

In rec.audio.pro Jon J. Yeager wrote:
"Jeff Richardson" wrote in message
oups.com...

Nero should work. Add the files one by one though, in the order that
you want them, then burn. I think it's when you select all at once they
go alphabetical. I like 128 kbps anything under has a low bit sound and
everything over sounds compressed to me (lack of treble registers)...
to me anyway.

You noticed that too?

So I'm *not* crazy, then? 128k sounds clearer than anything above it that
I've tried, which makes no sense to me.

Depends on that encoder you used, and what music you're encoding. Theres' no
way 128 should sound *intrinsically* more 'compressed' or attenuated in
the treble bands than =128.

Try the free LAME 3.9x encoder , using --alt preset standard (that's VRB, ~192 kpbs
avg) setting

see
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...howtopic=28124

I was unable to ABX a variety of such MP3s (rock, jazz, classical) from their
source .wavs.

--

-S