Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Can't get system sounds through my Presonus 18/10

On 1/11/2019 1:45 pm, Tobiah wrote:
I choose the Presonus outputs 1/2 as my system wide sound output
in the sound control panel in Windows 10.Â* Reaper is working fine
and as expected with this interface.Â* Now, when I try to get sound
out of my browser, as with youtube say, the videos play at strange
speeds or not at all and I get no sound.Â* Oddly, if I open Reaper
(which I've so fare configured not to use outs 1/2) suddenly everything
works like gold in the browser.Â* I can play youtube videos etc. and
the audio is fine.Â* While something is playing however, if I close
Reaper, the sound from the browser stops and the videos go back to
undefined speeds.

What up?

You'll need a regularWindows device driver as well as the ASIO one which
Reaper is presumably accessing. Configure in Control Panel for your
Presonus device assuming it is visible there (ie the is Win driver).

geoff